Thursday, 15 August 2013

Smarties Birthday Cake

With my husband away on location for work, my son's first day of school and his Birthday all falling within days of each other, I decided I just couldn't face doing the elaborate Lighting McQueen cake that was requested. Instead, I found a few images of smarties cakes and asked the little man to choose one. This is how my version turned out.



I used this icing recipe, which I highly recommend.
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/559/basic-chocolate-icing.aspx
Two bags of mini kit kat's and these are actually m&m's. Smarties are more pastel in colour, which would also look beautiful, but I was after a stronger, vibrant look.

This was a wonderfully easy cake to make and it just looks so colourful and happy. Maybe I'll try Lighting McQueen next year : )

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete